Dreamy Creamy Parmesan Polenta
Makes 4 serving(s)
WHAT'S IN IT?
1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
5 drops hot pepper sauce
1/3 cup instant polenta (cornmeal)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon butter
STUFF YOU NEED
This is a family recipe. Kids and Parents: you'll need each other to make it!
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
- For Kids: Pour the milk and plop the drops of pepper sauce into a medium-size saucepan.
- Place over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; slowly pour the polenta (cornmeal) into the hot milk while stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook about 3 more minutes while whisking constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- For Kids: Stir the Parmesan cheese, salt and butter into the pan with the hot polenta.
- Serve this warm-the-tummy-up polenta right away! It's especially good served with a stew or a saucy meat or poultry entrée.
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
120 Calories, 3.5 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 10 mg Cholesterol, 360 mg Sodium, 14 g Total Carbohydrates, less than 1 g Dietary Fiber, 5 g Sugars, 8 g Protein, 6% Vitamin A, 2% Vitamin C, 25% Calcium, 4% Iron