Baked Sea Sticks
Makes 2 serving(s)
WHAT'S IN IT?
2 1/2 cups cornflakes
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
3/4 pound white fish fillet, such as cod*
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
1/4 cup tartar sauce (optional)
STUFF YOU NEED
Dry measuring cups
Sealable plastic bag
Plate or shallow bowl
Small microwave-safe bowl
Juicer or reamer
Nonstick baking sheet
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
- Kids: Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Kids: Measure cornflakes into a plastic bag. Squeeze out excess air then seal it. With both hands, smash cornflakes into pinkie fingernail-sized crumbs.
- Kids and Adults: Grate the lemon peel. Measure 2 teaspoons of the peel into the bag of cornflake crumbs. Shake the bag again and pour onto a plate or shallow bowl.
- Adults: In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Juice the lemon. Mix 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice into the melted butter.
- Adults: Slice fish into 8 (3/4-inch to 1-inch wide) pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Kids: Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Kids: Dunk each piece of fish into the lemon butter, then dip into the cornflake mixture, coating completely. Arrange fish on baking sheet. Sprinkle with any remaining cornflake mixture.
- Kids and Adults: Bake fish until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve sticks with tartar sauce.
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
Per serving (without tartar sauce):
320 Calories, 12 g Total Fat, 7 g Saturated Fat, 75 mg Cholesterol, 700 mg Sodium, 33 g Total Carbohydrates, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 7 g Sugars, 21 g Protein, 25% Vitamin A, 50% Vitamin C, 2% Calcium, 60% Iron