Buenos Días "Eggs Benedict"
Makes 4 serving(s)
WHAT'S IN IT?
4 large eggs
2 whole English muffins (4 halves)
1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/2 cup salsa (hot, medium or mildyour choice!)
STUFF YOU NEED
Large non-stick skillet
Spatula that won't scratch non-stick skillet
Fork or butter knife
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
- Coat a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium-high heat. Once hot enough (when a drop of water sizzles in the pan), break eggs into the pan. Immediately reduce heat to low. Cook slowly until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken. Flip eggs to cook both sides.
- For Kids: Split open the English muffins into 2 halves with a fork or butter knife. Toast the muffin halves at a medium heat setting until they're golden brown. After 30 seconds, or when just cool enough to handle, place the muffin halves on serving plates.
- For Kids: Right away, sprinkle cheese evenly on muffin halves. Smash the cheese down a little so all the cheese is at least a little bit melted.
- When eggs are cooked through and the yolks are no longer runny, fling each egg on top of the cheese.
- For Kids: Use the measuring spoons to plop 2 tablespoons of salsa on top of each egg.
- Enjoy this satisfying start to a good day. Buenos Días
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
260 Calories, 14 g Total Fat, 7 g Saturated Fat, 240 mg Cholesterol, 500 mg Sodium, 17 g Total Carbohydrates, less than 1 g Dietary Fiber, 3 g Sugars, 15 g Protein, 10% Vitamin A, 2% Vitamin C, 25% Calcium, 8% Iron