Sloppy Turkey Joes
Makes 4 serving(s)
WHAT'S IN IT?
1 pound lean ground turkey breast meat
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 whole wheat hamburger buns
STUFF YOU NEED
This is a family recipe. Kids and Parents: you'll need each other to make it!
HOW TO PUT IT TOGETHER
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, sauté the ground turkey breast, onion and green pepper until the turkey is cooked through and no pink remains.
- For Kids: While the turkey is being sautéed, make the Sloppy Sauce: Mix the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder and cinnamon in a small bowl with a spoon.
- Stir the Sloppy Sauce into the cooked turkey mixture. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- For Kids: Scoop about 3/4 cup of filling onto each bun.
- Enjoyand make sure you have a napkin or two handy!
WHY IT'S GOOD FOR YOU
380 Calories, 5 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 70 mg Cholesterol, 930 mg Sodium, 49 g Total Carbohydrates, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 13 g Sugars, 35 g Protein, 10% Vitamin A, 40% Vitamin C, 10% Calcium, 25% Iron